Monday, November 7, 2011

Enjoying the Sunshine!

We have been having such wonderful November weather here in Kentucky the past couple of weeks. I know these days are coming to a quick end, so I made a promise to myself to enjoy every bit of sunshine and warmth mother nature decides to throw at us. Which this weekend, meant trips to the playground!

When I walked out of my office at 5:00 on Friday I knew I didn't just want to go home and sit on the couch until time to go out to eat. So I rushed home, got the girls ready, called up a friend, and we headed to the playground to have a little fun before going out to eat some yummy Mexican food.


There was lots of sliding.

And this little girl loved every second of it!

Friends!
Hi baby Drew!
Daddy, come down from taking pictures and play with me!

Then on Sunday after we did our weekly grocery shopping, it was so nice outside that we decided to do it all over again! Only this time we took a little picnic to eat lunch there before we played. Then it was off for more sliding, swinging, running around and giggling.


Peek-a-boo!

Daddy's are just plain better at certain things. Like not being as nervous about their little girls climbing rock walls as this momma is. I try not to be that mom, but I just can't help it. I usually have my hand right under her little bottom the whole way up. I think there's a reason God didn't give me boys, I'm not sure I could handle the fearlessness most boys tend to have.

Big sister took a little time out of her running around to stop for a quick photo with her leaf munching sister.

Other than eat leaves, Peyton LOVED swinging! She would just giggle the entire time.

This face cracked me up!

And of course she needed to see what the slide tasted like too!

Then we had a little mini photo shoot.


 Which resulted in the tasting of more leaves.

By the time we got home, both kiddos were exhausted! This was pitiful little Peyton while I was trying to change her diaper to lay her down for a nap.


And Bailey ended up taking over a 3 hour nap! They both had so much fun. It's easy to forget that it really doesn't take much to make kids happy. Just a quick trip to the small playground near our house and they both were as happy as could be!





2 comments:

Danielle said...

We have been having some pretty fantastic weather lately! I took an extra long time walking to the bank today to enjoy a few more minutes. We had our family pictures taken yesterday and we couldn't have had better weather - perfect!

Good for you for making a pact to get out and enjoy as much of it as you can!

Anonymous said...

nice sleepy baby her little slit between those chubby legs must be tight tight